FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UAL Reports 1Q-2015 Earnings of $508m Net, 77W Orders, Other Fleet News
Old Apr 30, 2015, 7:38 am
Longboater

Programs: UA Gold Marriott Gold AA Gold Choice Gold Wyndham PLAT IHG PLAT Avis President's Club Amtrak Select
With this configuration, its pretty safe to say these will do EWR-India flying at the minimum. (I'd hate to be in the rear for EWR-BOM with this configuration). Well the good news is that we will finally see the new BF seat, which will very likely look like AC and QR's new J class seat. I really hope they chose a new fabric design, not something that looks like the early 1990, and a new livery. (Ok never mind, with this management not going to happen). With 3-4-3 in the rear for both Y and Y+, United has officially won the race to the bottom. Hell, even Doug Parker's reconfigured 772s have some regular Y seats nine abreast, costing roughly half of a MCE seat. With these changes, I wouldn't be surprised if J class sees an uptick in purchases. After Delta finished installing direct aisle flat beds on their widebody fleet, management stated J class purchases went up, in some markets significantly.