FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Andaz Liverpool Street - London - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Apr 29, 2015, 10:26 pm
CloudCoder

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
We recently stayed four nights.

Breakfast #1 in 1901: we arrived at 9:30, well in advance of the 10 am closing time. Still, they were putting things away and nothing was actually hot (temperature-wise). It was so disappointing because I still remember such a fantastic breakfast from our visit, 15 months ago. Welcome to today's world.

Breakfast #2 in Eastway: A few minutes after ordering, the server informed us that one of the breakfasts was not included (because a Diamond can only order from the first column of the menu)?? ...?? I changed my order and of course we ended up with two people sitting at the same table but dining at two completely separate times (because their orders were placed about 10 minutes apart). Later on I mentioned this "order only from Column A" to one of the managers and he agreed that the staff was misinformed: A Diamond can order whatever they want, even room service. That's nice to know, however the info would have been even handier at breakfast time.

Breakfast #3 in 1901: It was very good. We were invited to have anything we wanted from the buffet and/or anything from the menu. Service was a bit slow, e.g. it took forever to get a second coffee. In their defense, they were totally slammed: the place was packed.

Breakfast #4 in Eastway: Service was slow but otherwise good. Drink refills were non-existent. They also tried to tell us that cappuccinos, lattes, were not included for Diamonds. We ordered 'em anyway. At checkout, all breakfast charges had been miraculously removed.

I think the above issues are merely a lack of training and/or inexperienced staff. Is it as good as last year? Absolutely not. It is still wonderful? Absolutely yes.

Originally Posted by BAGoldBoy
We have always been offered whatever we want from breakfast from either the buffet or a la carte.