FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Debit cards without forex fee and other-bank ATM fees?
Old Apr 29, 2015, 8:43 pm
upnorth

Programs: Delta 1 MM, Platinum. Marriott-Hilton Gold
Did you open a Schwab brokerage account or added a Schwab checking account to the brokerage account?

I had the brokerage account for many years (since their 2% cash back credit cards days). I used their check card with that. I need a chip card so they told me that is available only on their checking account, so I opened a checking account and my brokerage card was cancelled, but I still had a money market account. Lately I am finding that the brokerage account "checking account" is far superior to the Schwab bank checking account. I needed to wire funds. I found I could do this on-line from my Schwab brokerage account but not the Schwab bank checking account. I would have preferred the other way for maintaining security of my security holdings! I plan to cancel my checking account some time in the summer and go for the magnetic swipe check card. The chip check card is not worth it.

Originally Posted by Dadaluma83

I just opened my Schwab account a few months ago so I figured this would be the perfect chance to try out taking cash out of any bank atm with a schwab debit card.