FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA Orders Boeing 777-300ERs / 77Ws w/ 1-2-1 Polaris Business, 3-4-3 Economy
Old Apr 29, 2015, 2:53 pm
bhrubin
Suspended

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
I know you've been corrected on this many, many times already, but the correct number is 20 :-:
I stand corrected then.

Either way, the only routes the AA 773ER flies are below. If you aren't flying to/from London or Sao Paolo, there is no AA F. So the impact of AA having F is limited to only those business flyers. Considering the only REALLY longhaul flight with serious traffic among them for US business travelers is LAX-LHR, there is little impact to AA having F on those relative to UA and DL's route maps.

Where does the 777-300ER fly?

From the United States

Departure Arrival Flight #
Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) Sao Paulo (GRU) 963
Los Angeles (LAX) London (LHR) 136
New York (JFK) London (LHR) 100, 106
New York (JFK) Sao Paulo (GRU) 951

To the United States

Departure Arrival Flight #
London (LHR) Los Angeles (LAX) 137
London (LHR) New York (JFK) 101, 107
Sao Paulo (GRU) Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) 962
Sao Paulo (GRU) New York (JFK) 950
Living in SoCal as I do, of course, none of the AA routes above make any difference to me except for LAX-LHR. I already have LAX-LHR F options with UA GF from both LAX and SFO, and those aren't going anywhere for quite some time. I already have LAX and SFO options to LHR in F on BA, as well.

Having flown LAX-MIA in AA's new F, I can say that UA's GF, old as it is, is still pretty comparable to AA's brand new F in terms of hard product. Having flown LHR-LAX in BA's new F on the A380, I can say that the BA hard product is a bit nicer than UA's GF but that I still prefer UA GF. (Even UA's GF food is better than that of BA F.)

The fact is that UA will have more GF than AA F on far more routes for quite some time--probably another 5-10 years, at least--before it disappears entirely. I'm quite happy with UA, therefore.

Last edited by bhrubin; Apr 29, 2015 at 3:03 pm