FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback
Old Apr 29, 2015, 5:30 am
Stealthmode

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by beyond112
Hello everybody! My first post.

I have an approved BPG for IC berlin for the upcoming weekend. Claim was accepted two days ago, still have not received the rate adjustment confirmation (I think reimbursement is more probable).
I logged in today to see the confirmation on IHG site and was surprised to see the number of guests has changed from 2 to 1. So now it states "1 room, 1 guest" while yesterday it was still "1 room 2 guests". Obviously I have not made the change - I know the rules. I talked with IHG rep. on chat - she said there was no mark in the system than anyone has made the change, offered to change it back - but I didn't want to risk invalidating my free night so I told her to leave it as it is.
Instead I wrote to BPG team who accepted my claim to sort it out and am currently waiting for a response.
Maybe I am being too suspicous but I have a feeling that staff (at the hotel?) are playing to make grounds for invalidating my claim.
Anyone with similar experience? Suggestions?

I've had a couple BPG's change without my doing, and I'm not just talking about upgrades. For instance, one of my very first BPG's was modified and showed a €50 extra person charge for a third guest. When I contacted the hotel by e-mail they claimed that they couldn't see that change from their end. Inexperience left me a bit uncertain, so I decided to bring a print of my original reservation... at check-in everything was as it should be. So my advice, don't worry to much about it but bring a print of the original booking with you incase something would be off.

However, be sure to always check the check-in form before you sign it coz once you put your signature on a paper that shows different info than your booking this may be considered as if you gave your conscent to change the reservation, which may result in making your BPG approved free night void! Not saying that they will respond that way, but it's always better to be safe than sorry.