FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How should I deal with another who shoved my backpack down the belt?
Old Apr 28, 2015, 5:00 pm
TOMFORD

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
Originally Posted by nrr
I use pre-check at JFK T8 a lot; there are NO bins available--except for your outer jacket, everything is placed in your carry-on(s), your jacket goes on the belt. LAS VEGAS, it is similar. Why is DTW so different?
DTW always seems to have an abundance of bins from a scarcity of flyer.

Originally Posted by FlyingUnderTheRadar
I guess I am not fully understanding the situation. Why did you have bin at all? Given it was pre-check your computer, phone, and watch should have all been in your backpack. Some what moot but thought I would ask because it seems to defeat the purpose of pre-check and does clog up the system (That is what I would have done to start with, i.e. no bin).

Though you had a bin, where was it when the launching of you backpack happen? Hopefully, there was room for your pack to come out and the other PAX stuff as well.

One thing I find annoying is people clogging up the exit trying to reorganize their stuff making the other items back up when there is room and the end of the conveyor. (Not saying this true in your case).

When I do not have pre check and have to off load my stuff TSA collects everything for me and holds it til my groping is finished. Nice touch literally and figuratively.
I did not know for TSA you can keep your laptop in. I thought you can keep your shoes, belt, and light jacket, but computers and liquids have to come out?

I picked up everything from the bin before my backpack came out. My backpack was my last item.