FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How should I deal with another who shoved my backpack down the belt?
Old Apr 28, 2015, 6:26 am
TOMFORD

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
How should I deal with another who shoved my backpack down the belt?

I was flying this past weekend during a not-so-busy time out of DTW to NYC. I have TSA precheck, so I used the precheck lane. If you fly out of DTW, you know that you'll rarely see a lot of people, unless you happen to be checking in right before the Spirit Airlines' flights. But people who fly on Spirit generally do not have precheck.

Anyway, I had one suitcase, one bin with my laptop/phone/watch in it, and one backpack, in that order. After going through the RapiScan (unnecessary comment deleted by moderator), I waited at the conveyer belt for my stuff. As I wait, there was one lady who was going through RapiScan after me. The suitcase first comes out, which I grab from the conveyer and put on the ground. Then the bin with my stuff comes out, and I proceed to quickly put my watch on, my phone in my pocket, and my laptop in my hand. As I wait for my backpack, the lady who was behind me queues up in front of me, and when my backpack comes out, she grabs it, and pushes it all the way down the conveyer belt, and then takes her stuff from her bin, which came immediately after.

I didn’t know what to do, so I just crammed as much attitude as possible into an “excuse me?”, and she says “sorry” while blankly staring off into space.

What would you have done in this situation?

Last edited by squeakr; Apr 29, 2015 at 10:14 pm Reason: unneccesary