FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Applying for Chase Credit Cards- Archived 2008-5/2015
Old Apr 27, 2015, 7:48 pm
surewhynot

Originally Posted by Brugge
But of course, OP only applied for 2 cards from Chase, and even at that, one was personal and one was business. The last previous app was 9 months ago, so no problem there.

The word lately is that Chase is getting much more difficult to get bus apps approved than it used to be. Hopefully you have been doing some regular spend on that United card, since unlike Citi Chase takes notice if you've been spending on the cards you already have when you apply for more.

In any case, you should call the Bus Recon line, and talk with them. It's easier to talk someone into approving an app than it is to talk them into overturning a denial once it happens.
Thanks Brugge, calling worked out for my wife's apps but not me on the business one but for good reason.

One other thing, I used my new SPG to load RB/RC..whatever you want to call it...one 1k transaction and a subsequent 900...a little to eager clearly. Set up alerts before I swiped for texts. First went through, second was declined. Have a voicemail from AMEX asking that I return their call. Any idea what they'll ask, what to expect or how I should respond?