FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Base Fare Change on AA International Award Tix after schedule change
Old Apr 27, 2015, 12:49 pm
pat_pat_tong

Base Fare Change on AA International Award Tix after schedule change

I have recently redeemed miles for an AA international award tix to HKG in October. All flights are operated by AA. The base fare of the original tix is $0, and the taxes and fees are about $44.

A few days later, I have to change the return to a different date. The new flight schedule has the same routing as the original one, and all flights are still operated by AA.

Since it is an international flight, I have to call the reservation desk to make the change. However, the base fare of the new tix will now be $6. This has triggered a lot of extra tax and fees, and now the total taxes and fees would be $99.

The agent has no clue why it is happening, and she even called the ticketing office and they say that the taxes and fees should not be going up based on this change. However, the computer keeps showing her the new number, and I ended up not to make the changes yet.

Anyone experience this before? If so, is there any suggestions how to resolve that? Thanks