FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Ultimate Guide to Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts
Old Apr 27, 2015, 6:38 am
pricesquire
Suspended

Originally Posted by stimpy
Yeah the problem is that every so often someone "discovers" a property and feels they have to start a new thread on it, rather than contributing to an existing thread on that property. This forum has become a bit of a mess because of that. I don't blame the moderator because he is a volunteer with a day job that involves travel, but if someone else wants to volunteer time to clean it up, that would be great.

If you want to put trip reports into their own threads that are titled "Trip Report", thats fine with me. Although those probably ought to go into the Trip Report forum. But posts that discuss details about a property should all go into a single master thread.
I agree with you - but I don't think this is a one-size-fits-all approach

For instance, sometimes it's blatantly silly to add a TR to a preexisting thread. Especially with a lot of these older threads of 2007/8/9 floating around.

I'd also argue that, much of the time, TRs need to branch out from some threads. For instance, giving the Siam it's own thread outside of the "luxury hotels of BKK" thread. That's just one example.

Richard: I have no problem "moderating" this thread - for now - but I will end up turning it into a sticky once I move onto Mandarin Oriental, Pen, etc. At that point I'll reach out as I have NO idea how to sticky something!