FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AT&T Access More card (Discontinued)
Old Apr 27, 2015, 12:30 am
HouFly

yeah 2 HPs are def NOT worth $650 - $95 AF (could be waived cause Citi retention is usually pretty good, but we wont know how this card rolls until lots of folks get it and report back their experience) - initial month service plan fees

so you're getting perhaps about ~$500 worth of actual benefit, thats not bad for 1 HP but kinda sucks for 2 hits esp when Citi has so many other good offers out right now. tho I guess if this offer sticks around/becomes standard and if we run out of things to apply for in the future, this could come handy.

putting a deposit down is an option, but how does that work for folks who immediately cancel after 15 days?

I know this is an AT&T branded card and it might make sense for them to do this, but I really wish they DiDNT have a req to get a post-paid plan, even off contract :/ just let us buy the damn phone unlocked AT&T & Citi :S heck if they had done that I might have kept AT&T service with like a side/emergency prepaid phone instead of cancelling.

to me makin folks jump thru 15 days of service charges/pain makes no sense since its kinda easy to cancel if one wishes. tho perhaps they're hoping the hassle of either signing up for new service (as opposed to just picking up a new phone like you buy a new ipad) or cancelling will be too much hassle for many folks, and they're counting double on folks not redeeming this bonus or keeping service long term. I guess in a way it's smart customer acquisition, marketing cost well spent - esp if they never have to "pay it."

Last edited by HouFly; Apr 27, 2015 at 12:37 am