FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Accumulated miles of questionable value
View Single Post
Old Apr 26, 2015, 10:34 pm
dzongrila

Originally Posted by macfadsj
Paso Fino, get a British Airways account and search for availability on Cathay Pacific or JAL out of SFO and LAX to Vietnam. You will see that there are many business class seats available on these two airlines. Next, use the AA website to find connecting space on AA or US, which should be plentiful out of PHX if that is your origin.

Then call Aadvantage and request the specific flights that display as available on the BA and AA websites. There will also be plenty of F seats, especially on Cathay, loaded in the week before departure. You can see these seats for the week following today and chances are they will continue to be loaded in the week before your departure.
One thing to keep in mind is that just because BA website is showing availability of a particular flight on a particular day, it doesn't mean the AA agent is going to see the same flight. I learned it the hard way when I did the same about a few weeks ago. Fortunately for me, the AA agent was able to find another flight on the same route by the same airlines only two days later than my original planned date.