FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Sedona AZ - questions, advice, recommendations" thread
Old Apr 26, 2015, 5:31 pm
aztimm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by JumboJet
I would stay in town if possible
Can you elaborate more?

I've been to Sedona countless times, mostly just for daytrips. Heck, flew up once CHD-SED for breakfast (now that's a great way to see Sedona!)

Only stayed in the area once, at the Hilton resort, which as others noted isn't in Sedona proper but out in Oak Creek Village.
I found the Hilton a great option to the crowds of, "downtown," Sedona. It isn't big, but whenever I've been traffic always seems a mess, parking can be a challenge.
(I have stayed in Flag many times and wouldn't recommend that if you want to focus on Sedona).

Anyway, there are some awesome views of Bell Rock from the Hilton. If you work out, they have an awesome fitness center with a 25m lap pool, along with the play pools at the hotel proper.

If you like to run, there's some awesome areas, again right from the hotel. I ran down the main drag (toward the I-17), but took the first little road up a hill (toward Cornville I think), and pretty much just ran that out/back.

There's a small shopping center walking distance from the Hilton with a few restaurants. Actually, there's a very healthy thread on the Hilton Sedona over in the HHonors forum here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...spa-us-az.html