FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ITA-Matrix-PowerTools - Userscript for Orbitz/DL/UA/AA/BA/CZ/IB/LA/LH/LX/TK
Old Apr 26, 2015, 1:05 pm
Steppo

Originally Posted by NightlinerVIE
Now for my little problem:
Maybe I am just a bit stupid - i tried to copy/save links to Delta/Orbitz for "later use" (as in looking the itineraties up again on Delta/Orbitz a few days later without having to re-build them in ITA). Did not work though -
How does you saved link look like?
Something like this (?):
Code:
orbitz.com/book/bookingpath?execution=e2s1
You cannot save this kind of links. You should be able to copy and save the links created by this script using a right-click and "copy".

Originally Posted by go_around
Just on the point about booking classes - I searched a CX/AC itinerary in specific (semi-flexible economy) buckets, something you of course can't do on (most/all?) OTAs. Although it brought up cheaper buckets on Orbitz and Cheaptickets, it actually brought up the exact fare buckets on AC's site. Beautiful!

Didn't get any results at all on the links via the Farefreaks links - have only tested my above itinerary which had been problematic on almost all OTAs I tried anyway. e.g. it would appear on Kayak as bookable on Expedia, but when clicking through to Expedia it would always return an error message, regardless of the Kayak/Expedia country site used. So may well just be an issue with this itinerary, will play around.
Well it's allways easier to go into a shop saying: "Hey, i want that.. this.. that and this. How much is it?" That's what this script is doing. It's a pitty that there are just a few OTAs out there supporting this way of placing bookings.
What FareFreaks is doing, due to limitations of the OTAs: "Hey, i want something that looks like this.. and a little bit like that. Show me what you have." FareFreaks is trying to form your request as precisely as possible. But for some awkward reasons most OTAs are somewhat of stupid. So you have to try in which combination of describing what you want the OTA is showing up your desired flight. Most flights will show up.. but you have to find out how (remove one leg in the middle, remove the times for certain flights... etc). Personally, I like this kind of puzzle but I hate the UIs of OTAs. But in the end: OTAs are not made to find special booking classes since they only print the cheapest.

Originally Posted by fuyao
@steppo thanks for the explanation
1 small request, could you add an enable/disable option for the planefinder tool in the settings box? I like to copy flight numbers and now everytime i click on it to actually mark it, it opens the plane finder website...

Found another OTA that allows deeplinking to exact flightnumbers:
Code:
http://googleflights.flightnetwork.com/flights/matchflight?ref=googleflights&adt=1&tot=1517.86&ob1=LH495W!201506261745!YYZMUC!201506270745&ob2=LH1842W!201506270905!MUCFCO!201506271035&ib1=LH9445S!201507100955!BGYMUC!201507101100&ib2=LH494S!201507101155!MUCYYZ!201507101459
I don't persoanlly like flightnetwork that much, lots of wrongly priced itineraries that don't get ticketed in the end but hey, maybe it helps some people
Thanks for the feedback. Should have done it from the beginning.. Did a quick update just4you ^
Will have a look on flightnetwork asap but sounds good! I you find something like that, just post it here or via PM.. we will have a look whether we can use it.

--------------------
Update to v0.11b using https://github.com/SteppoFF/ita-matrix-powertools/ or install/open directly

Installable/Executable Version
Executable Version minified

Happy searching
--------------------

Last edited by Steppo; Apr 26, 2015 at 2:07 pm