FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Free checked bag for Signature Cardholders
Old Apr 26, 2015, 12:32 pm
dc333

Programs: lots of little things
Originally Posted by jrl767
I'm not sure if there is some fine print in the rules that says you actually have to purchase the ticket w the Signature card ...

I booked PDX-SEA-(overnight)-IAD last month for travel last week, but did NOT purchase the ticket w the Signature card ... however, going PDX-SEA I had a couple bottles of wine in the bag, so had to check it at PDX; rather than going standby, I used the Signature card to pay the $25 to SDC to the next available flight, and was also charged the $25 bag fee ... in the SEA baggage claim area I saw a sign advertising the free bag for Signature card holders; spoke with a supervisor in the morning before leaving for IAD, and was able to get the bag fee refunded
The requirement for the automatic free bag as a primary Visa Signature cardholder is that your AS MP# is in the record at time of check-in. Your cardholder status is linked to your MP account so it's also the trigger.

Looking at your programs, did you have your DL Skymiles # (or other) in the record? If it was in the record, it would be beneficial to others for sure to send a note to customer care with your PNR and a note for the IT team to look into.^

Last edited by dc333; Apr 26, 2015 at 1:13 pm Reason: clarification