FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Advice for someone who doesn't live in North America
Old Apr 26, 2015, 8:35 am
Wayfahrer

Programs: My travel agent
Originally Posted by Wayfahrer
Overview question: If you have to rate on 10 point scale the mileage opportunities available for residents in the US/UK/Germany/Australia/Whichever major country where the earning potentials you are aware of, how would the countries rate against each other relatively on the mileage scale?
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Very broadly speaking, I would say: US 9.5 / Canada: 5 / UK: 4.5 / Germany: 4
The Frequent Miler says:

Actually, an awesome perpetual point machine already exists and is well known: credit card sign ups. Much has been written about the incredible signup offers that are readily available to people with good credit scores. Simply by applying for a handful of cards and meeting minimum spend requirements, you can earn thousands of dollars worth of travel rewards with very little effort! Every three or four months, you can apply for more cards and earn even more free travel. It’s simply amazing. If you’re not already taking advantage of some of these deals you should seriously consider it!

My question:

I understand the main method is to actually sign up for a few new cards, every year, and more: every 3-4 months. If, in the US, you can get, say, 200k miles year, in all the other countries, you can get 100k, if I understand correctly. Or multiply your numbers, accordingly.

For clarification.