FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seat upgrade coupons
View Single Post
Old Apr 26, 2015, 7:49 am
intuition
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by 31570324
Well I don't think they make any money with us. We paid 41€ per leg/passenger for a 3 hours flight. With the upgrade vouchers it's a amazing deal for us, but not for the airline. My personal mind is, that they shouldn't upgrade from the cheapest fares, but hey it's good for us. And I don't collect any miles with them anymore since they changed their rules.
So, if they made it harder to use the upgrade instrument, you would be more loyal to the airline?! Can't really follow your line of reasoning here.

Certainly, an airline can have any kind of rules for their perks. In my mind, having a few perks that are very easy to use is advantageous to the customer and therefore builds better loyalty and therefore is advantageous to the airline.

There are other programs that upgrades their top tier members from any fare class, and I spend tons of money with them. In fact, I'd say that around 33% of my loyalty to that airline comes from this single easy to use perk.

And, there are programs that does upgrades but has a so complex set of rules that it takes 2 A4 pages to print them (Hey M&M, I'm looking at you...).
I'd personally be disappointed if it turned out that the advertised perk was very difficult to use in real life.