FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Comprehensive Guide to the Citi ThankYou Rewards Program
Old Apr 25, 2015, 1:14 pm
cloudybw

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA S, AA G; AS G; DL | SPG P50, M G, CC G, IHG P, HLT S | Hertz PC, Avis F
Originally Posted by roki
Unfortunately, I think you're correct. The adjustment points will sit on your account until you have used every point in your current balance that are non-Prestige (therefore: expiring) points. Then, who knows how the algorithm will classify the points within the same account.
According my recent inquiry with TYP CSR, among those non-expiring TYP, taxable TYP (eg adjustment points) are used first if applicable (eg, redeeming for flights).

Therefore, it maybe worthwhile NOT to combine other TYP accounts without taxable TYP into the one with taxable TYP so that one can use up his/her taxable TYP all at once with no impact on non-taxable TYP. For example, one can have one TYP account with Premier and other accounts with non-taxable TYP to transfer to partner, together with another TYP account with Prestige, banking and other accounts with taxable TYP.

Unfortunately my Forward account with expiring TYP is combined with my Prestige account, so I have to use up those TYP from my Forward first before I can use those taxable TYP from my Prestige.