FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MilesBuzz: Canada
View Single Post
Old Apr 25, 2015, 11:20 am
winebug

Programs: CX, AF, UA
Called Amex today, here is what credit department had to say:

As long as you ask for a new card inside the same range of cards from the one you already have, there is no credit inquiry. For example you have the gold and request the platinum = no credit check. You request the aeroplan reserve from the aeroplan platinum = no credit check. As long as you have impeccable history with Amex that is.

Originally Posted by zer0k1
I've noticed they don't report to Equifax close to as frequently as they do Transunion ... Amex always pulls from Transunion.
Amex always pulls from Transunion and posts monthly to Transunion. Amex occasionally pulls from Equifax (for example when there is a warning or consumer statement, etc.) and post to Equifax only every 6 months. If you call the credit department and let them know you are with Equifax, they will post monthly from the next billing cycle also to Equifax.

Originally Posted by crimsona
Submit missing account info to Equifax (fax or snail mail). I had to do that when I had a split file. Might need to include ID though
They could not comment on how Equifax works in that regard, or which specific information one would need to supply to Equifax to get the information in there faster then the next billing cycle.

They did comment that it would be the starting month that will be provided for the starting date, but could not comment on which year will be posted (might be whole foreign history years, might be only this year, they were not sure).

Can anyone confirm, when you do the Amex Global Transfer to Canada to the gold rewards card, do your years outside Canada get posted for the age of credit?