FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Kayak mislead me into buying a low-cost European carrier ... help!
Old Apr 25, 2015, 11:04 am
coltonatx

Kayak mislead me into buying a low-cost European carrier ... help!

Looking for flights between ATH-JMK, Kayak showed the best times through a booking site called OneTravel. Both Kayak and OneTravel displayed ANA as the operating carrier (confirmation shows Operated by All Nipon Airlines). I assumed it was either a 5th freedom rule, ANA had taken over Aegean on these flights or it was a charter plane.

After booking, I couldn't find the reservation with ANA & contacted OneTravel, which provided me with a 6-digit PNR. I went to CheckMyTrip and the operating airline is listed as EllinAir, which is a Greek airline founded in 2013. The route I booked starts operating less than two weeks before I am scheduled to fly.

I know very little about this airline & believe it's very misleading what they've done. I've got proof that the reservation was sold to me as ANA segments.

What options do I have? The company refuses to cancel my trip free of charge. I paid with AMEX Gold Biz Card.

Last edited by coltonatx; Apr 25, 2015 at 7:42 pm