FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Air Fryer - Experiences, Questions, Recipes" thread
Old Apr 25, 2015, 10:02 am
tentseller
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by tentseller
I think one major mistake of new air fryer user is not using any oil.

All my potatoes which goes into the air fryer are coated with seasoning infused oil. When buying frozen "fries"/"chips" one need to buy the oven ready type which has a coating of oil/fat as opposed to the precut ones meant to go in a deep fryer.
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Seems I was erring too much on the side of caution and hadn't been using enough.
Made chips last night and added a touch extra oil making sure they were all coated.....made all the difference. My '1/2 tablespoon' is obviously smaller than theirs.
For plain flavour I use peanut oil, it is sprayed on using an oil prayer that you pump the "cap" around 20X and the oil comes out in a fine mist like an aerosol sprayer. by spraying you actually use less.
My brother doesn't air-fry potatoes as much and he just use commercial non-stick spray.
The flavour infused oil is brushed onto the potatoes using a silicon brush. I learn not to spray them after killing two "sprayers" due to the infusion herbs clogging it up.