FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search Consolidated Information and Help Thread
Old Apr 25, 2015, 6:51 am
DrDrDr56

Programs: Olympian, no medals (non-elite status :p )
Originally Posted by Calchas
See if there is anything in the HIP category of the fare rules.

If you trigger the Higher Intermediate Point check, your fare may be repriced using a different fare, so see if the fares are the same.

As for the MPM, try routing through YVR but without stopping (for more than 24 hours 0 minutes). If the price is still high, I would guess it is an MPM issue rather than a stopover or HIP issue.

Edit: If you tell me the fare identifier I will find out the MPM for you. You can then use gcmap.com to see how your route compares. Exceeding the MPM up to 25% is allowed for a penalty.
Japan Airlines (JL) XSX0N8D1 TYO to LAX

i dont see anything about maximum permitted mileage.
I dont want to route through YVR. I want to route through JFK. YVR prices correctly, JFK does not. Or am I missing what you're saying? Sorry I have been doing a lot of homework the last week on ITA, and I want to qualify for Ex. Plat based on Points now (since I just took what I thought was a good deal to Tokyo but didnt realize that Q fares earn 30% (...?!) EQMs on JAL so that means that routing as I did SFO-MIA-DFW-NRT-JFK-PHX-SFO was all really just a useless exercise. what a pain in the arse. just try to max the new EQP promotion and be done with it and be more comfortable)