FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Fat And Furious: A Gluttonous Tour Of Japan (SQ Suites, ANA 787, RC Kyoto and more!)
Old Apr 24, 2015, 3:47 pm
sfoactuary

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
I still can't get used to being around naked in the public bathhouses in Korea. Not sure if I will visit these onsens. Maybe I will wear a Speedo so I feel semi-naked. lol
There was a small hand towel available to use inside the onsen, and most people made a make-shift speed with it when walking around

Originally Posted by jdtravels
MALEV flight 9772 to Narita?! Surely that flight has long departed!
I've never heard of that airline before, and some quick Googling shows it went out of business in 2012!? Really curious about this now, some sort of running joke?

Originally Posted by SPBanker
Great pics! Both the food and ryokan. One of my fondest travel memories is from April 2009, when I was visiting Japan for the first time. Lying in outdoor onsen near Niigata, looking at cherry blossoms and feeling completely relaxed.
Thanks, SPBanker! Totally agree about the relaxed feeling from onsen and cherry blossoms.

Originally Posted by mkjr
interesting choice to go all the way to Shikoku. how did you get there from Tokyo? so you did not even check out the dogo onsen?
Originally Posted by arlflyer
I would be curious about this as well.
I'll have more detail on this in the next post, but in short we flew from Tokyo (~1 hour) vs. a 7-hour train ride. We definitely checked out the Dogo Onsen area but didn't feel compelled to go inside and use it.