FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Would a foreign ff program number hurt precheck odds?
Old Apr 24, 2015, 6:42 am
iahphx
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GUWonder
I know lots of people that primarily or even exclusively use European airline programs and still mostly have 100% PreCheck LLL screening outcomes over each of their dozens or even hundreds of flights when we've been having the KTN field in the US-operating airlines' PNRs filled in with their GE PASSID number or other KTN number accepted by the USG for PreCheck screening purposes.

About flashing a relevant airline elite card to access priority boarding despite no indication of priority group boarding on the AA or US boarding card, it usually works but some gate agents will make an issue about it not showing up on the boarding pass.
OK, thanks -- I'll try it. My reluctance is that US elite boarding is a marginal benefit compared to the Zone 2 I get putting in my AA number. Getting precheck instead of waiting on the regular TSA line is more than a marginal benefit. BTW, does oneworld elite status get me any additional seat selection inventory on AA/US -- THAT would have some real value, especially if I book at the last minute or my seat assignment gets "lost".