FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Would a foreign ff program number hurt precheck odds?
Old Apr 24, 2015, 6:18 am
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by iahphx
I often redeem Avios miles to fly US domestic flights. I have no US/AA status, but I do now have oneworld sapphire status through foreign carriers. I also have a Known Traveler Number.

I'm a bit reluctant to enter my foreign airline ff number into my record for fear that it could "screw up" my precheck privileges. Any chance that it would? I know US Airways check-in gives you a box to put the Known Traveler Number in (which I do) along with my middle name. I do take out my non-elite BA ff number and substitute my US number (well, now my AA number).

I do have Zone 2 boarding anyway due to credit card membership and, honestly, Zone 2 is effective in getting my carry-on bag stowed.

Could I also just flash my sapphire-status card to the gate agent and preboard with the elites?
I know lots of people that primarily or even exclusively use European airline programs and still mostly have 100% PreCheck LLL screening outcomes over each of their dozens or even hundreds of flights when we've been having the KTN field in the US-operating airlines' PNRs filled in with their GE PASSID number or other KTN number accepted by the USG for PreCheck screening purposes.

About flashing a relevant airline elite card to access priority boarding despite no indication of priority group boarding on the AA or US boarding card, it usually works but some gate agents will make an issue about it not showing up on the boarding pass.