FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Window Shade Etiquette
View Single Post
Old Apr 23, 2015, 6:09 pm
nkedel
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM (LT-PLT, PPro for this year)
Originally Posted by Badenoch
Hysterically funny. From the comfort of his own keyboard he maligns someone else secure in the knowledge that he'll never have to answer in person for his remarks. Pathetic. Truly pathetic.
I post under my real name, and my address is findable online, and I fail to see what it is in my remarks I should answer for.

It's easy, but unworthy of polite discourse, to suggest this kind of passive-aggressive reprisal from the comfort of your living room or wherever you post from.

It's quite another to try it in person, and if you actually do it (which I'm inclined to doubt), I hope you enjoy explaining it to flight crew who will undoubtedly simply instruct you to let the window seat occupant out to use the lavatory, and then go back to their station and roll their eyes at the general lack of courtesy both you and the open-window person displayed.

(Moreover a courteous window-seat occupant on a 3-across segment will often wait, if possible, until one of the middle/aisle get up anyway. Or perhaps you'd block the middle-seat occupant, or attempt to body-check the window-seat occupant should he or see follow? Silliness, as is the original suggestion.)