FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Request Help planning Europe hopping with United
Old Apr 23, 2015, 5:39 pm
dukerau

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by griffindodd
OK so is this a bit better? I thought I could have 1 stopover and 2 open jaws on a RT? This route worked when I tried some sample dates and came out at a glorious 60k RT $109 Taxes, just wondering if I can squeeze one of my other cities out of this with the 2nd open jaw??
You can have 1 stopover and 2 open jaws. You can't have 2 stopovers. If the first itinerary you posted priced out, was one of the "stopovers" less than 24 hours? That's the only way it should price. Both itineraries you've posted only have 1 open jaw, so I don't know what you mean by maximizing via 2 open jaws. If you got the first itinerary to price at 60K, you should be able to book it. Either one of the stopovers isn't > 24 hours, or you found a glitch. I would bet on the former.

If you really want to stop in ORD, you could use 10K BA Avios to go SAN-ORD, then use 60K UA for ORD-CDG-(stopover)-VIE,open jaw, BCN-SAN. That's using 2 open jaws and a stopover