FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ex-Mainland Europe Travel Planning Guide
View Single Post
Old Apr 23, 2015, 5:31 am
Calchas
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jayceeohh
The Expedia quote, whilst all being on BA planes are a mixture of BA, AA and US tickets.
It might be a mixture of BA, AA and US flights, but they will all be issued on a single ticket by one of the carriers. (Excuse my pedantry )

Originally Posted by jayceeohh
If I choose just BA it rises to £1,234 pp. I realise that adding my BAEC number at the time of booking will ensure miles / points are added correctly, but as a SCH, I would like to book my seats, recognising that there's a slight chance of OF on the 747 that flies to PHX. Will I have to go into each different website (AA and / or US for the LHR - PHX - LHR legs) to save my seats, and if that is the case, if rows 2-4 are available, will I be able to save them via these websites just like I could on the BA site?
Seat reservations are the responsibility of the operating carrier and can be done on the operating carrier's website for each sector individually.

If they are on BA metal, but under a different codeshare, then you may have a bit of an argument with the computer to get the seats, but at worse you can obtain seat reservations by telephone. Your silver status will apply, but there can be bugs in communicating between the carriers.