FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ex-Mainland Europe Travel Planning Guide
View Single Post
Old Apr 23, 2015, 1:45 am
jayceeohh

Programs: BA Silver
Hi All,

First of all, may I say what an extremely helpful thread this is and I thank all those that have spent their time since Dec 2013 adding info to it. It's a daunting prospect contemplating an ex-EU for the first time (me, Mrs jayceeohh and two teenage jayceeohh clones), but this guide makes it all sound so simple. Maybe that's a bad thing

I have at this point one small question that may be answered within these pages but having looked I can't find it. It might also be a little OT and for that I apologise. A quick play with Expedia this morning brought a DUB - LHR - PHX - LHR - OTP on I/J bookings of £1,100. BA is quoting me on L/N bookings just LHR - PHX at £1,269.46!!! Using all the advice on here I'm looking at a mid afternoon return to LHR from DUB following an early morning positioning flight to DUB, then home for the night (30 mins from LHR) before a lunchtime departure to PHX the following day. On the return I've priced up the LHR - OTP the day after my arrival from PHX, thus (hopefully) meaning my bags aren't checked through to OTP.

The Expedia quote, whilst all being on BA planes are a mixture of BA, AA and US tickets. If I choose just BA it rises to £1,234 pp. I realise that adding my BAEC number at the time of booking will ensure miles / points are added correctly, but as a SCH, I would like to book my seats, recognising that there's a slight chance of OF on the 747 that flies to PHX. Will I have to go into each different website (AA and / or US for the LHR - PHX - LHR legs) to save my seats, and if that is the case, if rows 2-4 are available, will I be able to save them via these websites just like I could on the BA site?

Thanks for you time and any help you can offer.

Jay