FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Air Fryer - Experiences, Questions, Recipes" thread
Old Apr 22, 2015, 12:05 pm
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by HIDDY
I'll get some Mcains.

Chicken legs might be on the agenda next. Anyway....it'll be a nice diversion now that the parrilla use is starting to slow down.
You may be old enough to remember I bought a twin catering fryer range in order to make proper fish and chips .... so I speak as someone that wouldn't say airfry chips are good if they weren't!

A big tip with them. You time the rest of the meal around the fries. So for example if we're having steak, I grill the steak and let it rest at the moment I put the fries in. Ignore the instructions. Put the airfryer on full pelt and throw the chips in. Open every so often and see if the surface of a chip is hard, if so try one. Keep shaking them. The thin fries are nice but unforgiving ie a minute over and they are crunchy rather than fluffy. Also only by mcains oven chips - nothing cheap.

Don't worry about keeping opening the drawer. It is so small and the heat so quick. It is a knack, but I wouldn't ' go back to a fryer.

I know you're going to grumble but just persevere.