FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]
Old Apr 21, 2015, 3:00 pm
dajoip

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by dajoip
I just submitted 3 applications for this card this morning after freezing my Experian report last week (Chase, AMEX, Citi, and BoA all pull Experian in MI) - all went pending as expected. I called the Bi-lingual line and spoke to a very friendly/helpful rep, who informed me that all the apps had been declined because of the freeze, but quickly agreed to pull my Equifax report instead (which is only pulled by Discover in MI, and I only have one active inquiry from 11 months ago). Before today's apps, I had a BankAmericard Better Balance card with an $8k CL, and an existing AS card with a $13k CL ($21k total CL with BoA). The rep told me he couldn't approve me for any more credit (a bit of a surprise there, with a 797 Equifax score last month and perfect credit history), but he'd work with me to reallocate my limits. We reduced the Better Balance card to a $1k CL, the existing AS card to a $5k CL, and he then approved all 3 applications with the "leftover" $15k CL that we'd created. Couldn't be more impressed with the rep and his willingness to work through the process with me! Should be a fairly easy 75k AS miles, as well as $75 (assuming the correct application link is used, is the $100 credited on every approved app?) - I'd say that was easily worth the $10 fee for freezing Experian!
What a beautiful thing, 75k AS miles for a single Equifax inquiry! And yes, I know I've got a long way to go to catch up to some of you long-time churners! Thanks for all the great info in this thread!