FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - upgrading with miles (booking classes)
View Single Post
Old Apr 21, 2015, 12:00 pm
minmaguire

Programs: EY Gold AB Gold Europcar Privilege Executive
Originally Posted by kovsky

I'm looking at upgrading with miles on Etihad flights to New Delhi from LHR (J to F.) it says the cost is 37,334 miles one way.

Also what would happen if I'd like to only travel F from LHR to AUH and then stick to J from AUH to DEL... how do I found out how many miles will be needed for that first leg? Or is that even possible?
Are you sure that 37334 is for an upgrade from Delhi to LHR? I think that is the amount of miles for one sector, possible AUH-LHR??

I think IrishGuy misunderstood what you were asking. It sounds like you have already bought a J ticket for the route and I think you are asking if it is possible to upgrade from J to F on one portion of your trip and then go back down to J on the next sector?

If you have booked a J flight LHR-AUH-DEL and there is availability to upgrade to F on the first sector (LHR-AUH) you are more than entitled to upgrade for the first sector, you will then be back in J on the AUH-DEL sector. If you see availability online and upgrade now then you are confirmed into F, otherwise you can chance it at the airport as grannieflyer did. If there are free seats in the cabin when you are checking in then they will usually be happy to upgrade you.