FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - When is too much hatred really too much?
View Single Post
Old Apr 21, 2015, 11:44 am
mnscout

Programs: AA, BA, UA, Spirit, Delta, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by sbm12
I am 99% sure I know the post which was removed. While it is a shame you were not notified the post was removed (assuming you were not) I believe it was a violation of the rules, specifically this one. Sending a PM to the mod of the forum would probably get you a similar answer. You did not attempt to share any content to the FT community.

The content was essentially "Hey I posted a bunch of info elsewhere; do you think it is accurate." There was not sufficient content for the post to stand on its own without leaving FT. It would not have been hard to include some of the details from the analysis in the post, making it meet the requirements.

Follow the rules and it is no big deal. Ignore them and, yes, posts go poof. And ranting here about moderator actions isn't going to make the post come back, though it might get you in deeper trouble since that's also against the rules.
I don't remember exactly what I wrote in that FT post, but if you think that was the reason why my post was deleted, that's fine by me. I didn't think that was the case when I wrote it, but if you believe it was, then I can see how other people could feel the same way.

No, I was not advised that my post had been removed, and since I don't see myself as a spammer, it upset me. I also did send a PM to the Mod only to be ignored. And you are mistaken if you think I want my post back; really, that's the last thing on my mind.

I'd like to close this thread now.