FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2015)
Old Apr 21, 2015, 7:08 am
exs2

Programs: BAEC Silver, HHonors Gold, IHG Ambassador
IC Hong Kong

IC Hong Kong

What is your IHG Rewards Club status?
Gold Ambassador

Were you happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes, very

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
I wanted harbour view (obviously in this hotel/location) so I contacted hotel before stay to ask what room I should book to get it confirmed. I also told I would be using AMB Weekend voucher.

Booked deluxe room and was upgraded to harbour view room.

How are the rooms?
Overall very nice, esp the view. Toilet has separate toilet area and it have both shower and bathtub. Bed is on the hard side.

What was your welcome gift?
Jasmine tea from the hotels restaurant. Also received standard ambassador amenities with fruit platter and water.

How is the exec. lounge?
Excellent. After purchasing it for the both nights of our stay, our in room amenities were also upgraded (toiletries and water).

What was good and what was bad?
Service was impeccable. Our room was made ready during our check in (around 12 o'clock) and bags arrived quickly. All standard ambassador amenities were granted including late checkout. View was excellent. No disturb sign was respected. My only gripe would be hard bed but that is matter of taste.

On a day of checkout we gave room away around 2 pm and went to lounge. We were told we could enjoy the afternoon tea there as well and when I said that we would like to leave the bags to hotel and go roam a bit in the city as we had midnight flight, the lounge staff said we could return for evening cocktails as well if we wanted and that we could leave the bags downstairs. I am not sure if I have ever been invited to enjoy club amenities after checking out before esp. after leaving the space.

Value for $? Would you return?
It is costly but I would still think its ok value for money. Service in club lounge is one of the best I have ever experienced. When evening cocktail time was ending, they did a round and mentioned it and asked if we would like some more champagne or something else before it ends.

Last edited by FLYGVA; May 7, 2015 at 11:53 am Reason: added name of property to post instead of post title only