FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - When is too much hatred really too much?
View Single Post
Old Apr 21, 2015, 12:28 am
sbm12
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by mnscout
You post your findings in a relevant FT thread -- which is (the thread) is not extremely busy, to say the least. You link to your blog. Your post disappears.

Here is why it's funny.
I am 99% sure I know the post which was removed. While it is a shame you were not notified the post was removed (assuming you were not) I believe it was a violation of the rules, specifically this one. Sending a PM to the mod of the forum would probably get you a similar answer. You did not attempt to share any content to the FT community.

Originally Posted by FT Rules
If linking to your own blog, to a blog on behalf of someone, or to a blog of which you are a periodic or regular contributor, you must identify that fact in your post and you must include enough content for the FlyerTalk post to stand on its own without following the link.
The content was essentially "Hey I posted a bunch of info elsewhere; do you think it is accurate." There was not sufficient content for the post to stand on its own without leaving FT. It would not have been hard to include some of the details from the analysis in the post, making it meet the requirements.

Follow the rules and it is no big deal. Ignore them and, yes, posts go poof. And ranting here about moderator actions isn't going to make the post come back, though it might get you in deeper trouble since that's also against the rules.

Last edited by sbm12; Apr 21, 2015 at 12:39 am