FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Trip Report Forum Hall of Fame
View Single Post
Old Apr 20, 2015, 6:34 pm
Seat 2A
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Originally Posted by eightblack
Seat2A is quite possibly one of the finest writers here. I would gladly ride a train with him anywhere (and would even be prepared to do it sober for a good portion of it).
Were we to ever ride a train together, eightblack, it would be my pleasure to shout you a round or three - preferably from my own bottle of Woodford Reserve. In the meantime, you and yours have a great weekend getaway practically in your backyard via Amtrak's California Zephyr up to Glenwood Springs. Leave Denver in the morning, arrive GLN early afternoon. Next day return early afternoon, arrive Denver early evening. Along the way is arguably the finest rail borne scenery through the Amtrak system.

violist, lili and I once shared a bottle of Russell's Reserve on the train from Denali to Fairbanks. Fellow Flyertalker jlemon recently came down to the tracks and brought me a nicely chilled Cajun Bloody Mary when I passed through Lafayette, LA on the Sunset Limited a couple of weeks ago. That'd be a great new tradition - meeting folks for drinks on the rails. Maybe we could have a Flyertalk DO on the rails. The foamers wouldn't know what to make of that!

In the meantime, thanks again to matthandy for putting in the time and effort to compile these statistics. I am honored to be mentioned amongst the many fine reporters who have contributed to this forum and am slowly working on yet another trip report that will hopefully not detract from my current ratings. At present I am "stuck" in the COPA Club at PTY awaiting my overnight flight to Sao Paulo. Vicodin and whiskey (in small amounts) is making it at least tolerable. On to Johannesburg tomorrow night!

Last edited by Seat 2A; Apr 24, 2015 at 2:38 am