FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mediocre crowds at luxury hotels
View Single Post
Old Apr 20, 2015, 6:14 pm
Kagehitokiri
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bhrubin
There is bad behavior everywhere
exactly. well said. and there is no argument re 'extremes' like common law assault. the 'line' regarding things like loudness and personal space will vary. IMHO, while brief forum back and forth may seem to imply that the "line" does not vary, i think in a conversation it would be agreed, and discussion would be on where each person's opinion lies.

i also agree with your posts elsewhere that problems can happen anywhere, and good service involves service recovery when problems do happen. i have been wondering if service recovery would make for a good discussion in a new thread. tying back into behavior of other guests (and nonguests) i have heard of service recovery for it, at least including via a private message conversation on this forum.

relatively few here raise dress. im not sure simply raising dress is an issue, in terms of people watching etc. if there are published policies that are not enforced, that is problematic for those following/expecting published policy. dress code is just one example of that. if there is a dress code it needs to be explained and enforced as published. it is ridiculous for staff to treat people differently/poorly based on dress or when enforcing policies including dress codes.

Originally Posted by Aventine
I'll take no crowds.
i personally even like concept of booking a room in a villa/yacht (because of cost of equivalent exclusive-use)

after my first such stay, which i enjoyed, i realized i should make sure to keep backups in mind in the future, because guest mix becomes much more of a factor at such small properties (then again backups are good everywhere)

because there can be less privacy (which many here value) than villa resort (hotel with villas not rooms)

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; May 26, 2015 at 3:39 pm