FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Earn Your Wings - Fourth Edition
View Single Post
Old Apr 20, 2015, 4:25 pm
canadiancow
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SearsTower
If only they did announce it! I don't have an email as of yet from AC.
Same.

Edit: Still no email

Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
So. If I hack into canadiancow's computer, purchase all the same tickets as him, then do 1 extra segment, I win the game?
I was only 2nd last time

Originally Posted by kraftdinner_
You might've given away the winning itinerary, but someone still needs to be crazy enough to fly it

If there are any semi-sane ways to earn wings for this, I'm in.

Also, bookings must be made between now and May 30th. What were the booking dates for last year's EYW? I recall I counted a SYD-LHR return trip towards my total in November, and I don't think I booked it more than a 4-5 weeks in advance.
Yeah, but last time, I don't think anyone else even came close to such a time-optimized* itinerary to dominate the leaderboard. That work has now been published if the badges are the same.

In v3, The booking window and flying window had the same start date, but the booking window ended a month or so before the flying window ended, same as v4. This allowed me to publish my route before the contest ended, without fear of poachers booking cow+1

*It is very important to note that my itinerary was optimized to earn the most badges possible in a 9 day period (weekend + week + weekend). It was not optimized for cost. And it was not trying to fit in any "real" trips. The entire itinerary was booked just for the contest. If you have to fly weekly anyway, there are likely some very different things you can do that will take significantly less money and (extra) time than what I did.