FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2015 MileagePlus Program Updates Announced (Master/Consolidated Thread)
Old Apr 20, 2015, 2:58 pm
NDN

Programs: Marriott Titanium and LTP, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Originally Posted by drmcmartin
I just wanted to jump in with my numbers so far. Since I mostly fly on government funded trips, we're required to fly a US carrier, and also to use the lowest logical fare. Therefore, as others have obviously seen, my mileage earned has dropped since it's now revenue based. I wanted to wait a little to see how things are averaging out, and now that I've completed about 25k miles of actual travel, both domestic and international, I can see how it is going to go for me.

I'm Platinum status this year. So even thought I get 9x revenue for award miles, it's still doesn't quite add up to the miles flown.
From Mar 1 to today:
23,997 PQM (I take this to be miles actually flown)
22,904 Award Miles earned.
That's on $2,486 PQD.

So, if I keep up my Platinum status I'll basically earn award miles at a rate I used to be able to earn as a general member. It remains to be seen if this is "worth it" to have less miles to spend on taking my family members on occasional trips with me.
It's very tricky. I have benefitted by the new award plan, since I have bought short-distance first-class flights and medium-priced coast-to-coast flights.