FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mediocre crowds at luxury hotels
View Single Post
Old Apr 18, 2015, 9:24 pm
trickless

Originally Posted by bhrubin
And Meadowood's "dark denim preference" for those who wish to wear jeans is one part of the many reasons I far prefer it to the French Laundry.
I have to agree with this on many grounds. Meadowood is certainly more modern in all ways and a strong preference for me. And to point out that I'm not a stickler on all things dining, I have worn jeans to Saison as well. I get more hung up on behavior than dress.

As far as my comment about selfies, I just returned from Europe and the intense proliferation of street vendors selling "selfie sticks" along with the people using them - it's not just restaurants where it annoys me. Someone stuck one past a group of us who were waiting to view art in the Uffizi. Pushed the selfie stick in front of us with a GoPro on it, waved it back and forth to "take in" the scene, then walked away. When it comes to this, I'll quote Demetri Martin. "I like to go to concerts because I love to see my favorite band through the phone of the a*hole who’s standing in front of me."