FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 717 headroom
Thread: 717 headroom
View Single Post
Old Apr 18, 2015, 8:20 pm
BiggAW

Programs: RapidRewards, SkyPesos, whatever flies where I want to go.
Originally Posted by beachmouse
1. Spousal Unit is 6'1" with a long torso and finds the 717s to be pretty comfortable.
Good to know.

2. If the WN 737 model is so wonderful, when do I get to take them to Paris or Tokyo?
It's the be-all end-all to domestic US flying, that doesn't mean it's suited for long-haul international flying. That's where the 777 and 787 come into play.

3. If the WN model is so awesome, why won't its web site let me book a ticket between ECP and such podunk wastelands like Portland, Oregon? Does the company have something like Portlandia? (It's a horrible web site about trying to get there from here if you're starting out at an outstation and want to go some place other than Houston, BWI, or Nashville.)
Huh? Works fine for me. It gives me flights between those two locations. Their site handles connections at MDW just fine...

4. I remember the OP offering up the same argument on another thread last year, and it took a fair amount of time to get it closed, even after I called them a communist wanting to impose state planning models on the system.
LOL. A communist state.

Originally Posted by SJC ORD LDR
There are only two airlines that cover this country, DL and UA. WN does not fly to Delaware, Montana, or either of the Dakotas.
It's true that they don't cover a giant area in North Dakota or Montana. That's probably because those areas can't support economical commercial air service (i.e. 13 737's a day), because no one lives there.

Delaware is well served out of PHL and the big hub in BWI. Interestingly enough, their sole airline in Wilmington is Frontier, which is servicing Philly and Wilmington at their airport. It appears to basically by the other Philly airport, which is super smart on their part, since they are taking a page right out of Southwest's playbook and out-Southwesting Southwest.