FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 717 headroom
Thread: 717 headroom
View Single Post
Old Apr 18, 2015, 1:43 pm
adambisi

Programs: AAdvantage, United MileagePlus, TrueBlue, Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan (starting 2016)
Originally Posted by BiggAW
I'm getting PVD at 3M, logan at 31M, but still, WOW. I didn't realize how many people are going to Logan. It's kind of crazy, since except for the small urban ring around Boston proper, BDL, MHT and PVD are easier to get to for the entire rest of the state, depending on location, including much of the Boston Metro area itself. Plus, BOS is a cluster**** in terms of where to pahk the cah and how much it costs vs MHT and PVD.
I got all my info from the reported statistics page on each airport's website - also my numbers were domestic only for 2014. There were almost 5 million international passengers for BOS in 2014 giving you: 31.6 million

For a person without a car, the MBTA, even with all of its issues, is a great way to get to Logan with multiple options. I live in the north shore and would take the train to North Station and then MBTA to BOS for summer travel since I had a monthly pass when I was commuting to the city. There's also a few shuttle services that are fairly reasonable in price.

There's also "just" a few hospitals, institutions of higher learning, and lawyer/financial services that probably nudge those traffic numbers a bit higher that what YOU think they should be.

Now I do work in a location equidistant to MHT and BOS. There's a lack of non-stop at MHT and if you flew into MHT in the morning and traveled South on 93 or 3 you are probably going to hit Boston traffic as well. At least BOS gives you the better flight schedules.