FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A Tale of Ten Airlines: Mostly around the world in Y minus
Old Apr 18, 2015, 2:57 am
Daichovo

Programs: Miles and frowns, IHG aluminum
FLIGHT FOUR: KL PRG-AMS

Its pretty easy to get to the airport but takes a bit (over an hour one getting on metro) so after packing my things I head off, getting there a couple hours before my flight. Except, apparently that's not my flight. They said they notified me of flight changes but I never got them. I pull up my orbitz reservation and only thing is it says theres a change, the flight is leaving 5 minutes later. They are saying it was my fault. After talking with a couple reps I'm able to sweettalk them into giving me replacement flights but I have to wait until the next day. I am nervous about this as I now have award flights on *A leaving NRT an hour and a half after I land but I guess ill tackle that later. That's why I initially left a day and a half between, the end got moved earlier and the beginning a day late.

The bad news is that all the airport hotels are booked, I'm too tired or lazy or cheap to go back into the city and then get a shuttle or taxi or something at dark AM for my 7am flight so I make good friends with the Billa grocery store in the airport and spend the last of my CZK. The good news is that they rebooked me in M instead of N so I might actually earn some miles from this, I always travel with a sleeping bag, and there was a really quiet spot near the police station upstairs to crash.