FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A Tale of Ten Airlines: Mostly around the world in Y minus
Old Apr 18, 2015, 2:10 am
Daichovo

Programs: Miles and frowns, IHG aluminum
A Tale of Ten Airlines: Mostly around the world in Y minus

I think I was inspired by that one thread of a mileage run by flyigglesfly (must be that NJ angst). Going crazy at this point in airports so let's hit this.
I guess I should've live blogged it but oh well. You'll just have to hold onto your excitement.

I bought one of those cheapo RTW Alitalia deals last summer, I was flying on last available day of the schedule for that one so I've just finished that up.

FLIGHT ONE:
DL LAX-JFK

I haven't been in terminal 5 in like, ever, basically flying *A since it was either cheapest or only option where I needed to go. Then we got hit with the flyer friendly plan which encouraged me to befriend another airline or 8. I also graduated med school and was looking forward to some extended backpacking, having the ticket not return to the US was perfect.

So it was a surprise that DL was actually pretty comfy compared to UA. I just assumed all us airlines were equally shitey. Seat was comfy, TV/movie selection was good, FA's didn't seem to hate life like I often see on UA. Relative win, Delta, I'm proud of you. I decided to set the mood with two episodes of Fargo and my last LA lunch which was a salad box from Lemonade, a tasty restaurant located near my old place in LA, and apparently also my departure gate. Sans yoga moms.

We arrived early and it was on to the Italians...