FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ever seen a "Pretty Woman" Moment?
View Single Post
Old Apr 17, 2015, 10:10 am
burbuja0512

Programs: United 1K (Star Alliance Gold) IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by wrp96
If you've seen the movie, this is actually the essence of the Pretty Woman moment. They wouldn't wait on her, she ended up shopping at another store, and went back to the first store with all her bags and showed them the commission they missed.

There are ways of letting people know their assumptions are wrong without rewarding them for those bad assumptions.
Yes.. have seen the movie, but I answered the way I understood the OP's question.

My best story was years ago when I went into the now bankrupt Circuit City to buy a computer. I was dressed down (probably sweatpants if I can remember correctly..)and had small kids with me. I couldn't get anyone to pay attention to me to save my life and I really tried. I finally asked for the manager, let him know what had happened. When he apologized and offered to get someone to help, I respectfully let him know that I would not spend money there. I just wanted him to know why I was leaving the store and that there might be others that do the same and don't tell him.

Needless to say I was very happy when they went out of business!