FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Star Alliance/Oneworld Award Planning with Award Nexus
Old Apr 17, 2015, 9:12 am
ckpeter

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I'm new to Awardnexus but I've read good things about it. I'm trying to book a business flight from Lyon (LYS) to LAX in March 2016. AN shows availability in LX from LYS-ZRH-LAX on that date, but when I go to United webpage and search for the individual segments, I see availability from LYS-ZRH, but no J seats for ZRH-LAX. Would I just be able to call the United MP line to book these manually? AN does say "2 x NH business award"-- does that mean I can only book it with ANA miles and not United miles? I don't have any ANA miles.
Hi Dave, welcome!

ANA recently revamped their reservation systems. As a results, I am seeing some reports of phantom award space on a few searches.

In your case, I checked a number of sources for you, and I am leaning toward that flight not being available for UA miles redemption. It is available for redemption if you have Lufthansa MM mores.

However, I still recommend that you give UA a call, just in case they manage to book it (and if they do, please report back).

In general, award space found on one airline should be redeemable by all partners of that airline. The Lufthansa group (which LX is part of) is one of the few cases in which it sometimes doesn't hold, especially if you are using another mileage program such as UA. It means that you need to do a little more work to confirm availability when it comes to those flights.

Let me know if you have more questions.