FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SFO-LAX on the new American
View Single Post
Old Apr 16, 2015, 10:54 pm
morrisunc

Programs: US-Plt;Concierge key; American AAirpass; Delta Silver;Starwood - Platinum; Amex Cent
Originally Posted by fanger
UA and DL have 14-15 daily; VX has nine, same as AA. I fly back and forth to LA a lot, and mostly take WN and DL with the occasional UA just because the 3 convenient times for me are 100-150% more expensive on AA. I'd much rather fly AA but seriously, I just can't justify it for that difference. Should AA try to increase the number of flights to compete? Is it slot constrained?

Just a heads up - my partner is now running a company based in Oakland and we live in LA...he is using surf air - which I haven't tried but swears by it....i think he pays 1,700 a month and has unlimited flights in their network...6 first class seats on each plane and he is able to pull his car right up next to the plane - no different than a charter...no security, etc....and it leaves from that airport on the 105 with the TESLA sign - just a few miles from LAX....he's taking it 4 times a week currently which is much cheaper than any of the airlines as he books an hour or so ahead....and it saves hours each way. Depending on where you're going to in the bay area you should check them out...they fly out of several airports...again - he swears by it.