FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IHG Premium Visa card [UK] (was PC Rewards Black Visa Card)
Old Apr 16, 2015, 4:47 pm
chrism20

Originally Posted by kitbag1984
If I take this card out, get the 60K and add another 15k through stays, will I then be ok for the new higher tier level?
At the moment when the sign up points are dropping into people's accounts in the UK they are showing as qualifying.

When I messaged IHGSteve the other day regarding the changes he said it didn't count and was going to to check after I said I could see my colleagues account whilst speaking with him and they were definitely qualifying.

Is the bonus still 60k? When I logged onto Barclaycard yesterday I'm sure it said 20k sign up bonus.

So if it doesn't count and the qualifying points are changed to non qualifying points there will be some unhappy people out there.

And if they do count there will be some unhappy people out there who have to wait and actually stay to get to 75k who won't be happy.

Either way at the moment it looks like one group isn't going to be happy.

If you are looking to take out a new card and can get it on the 60k offer that is a good deal. Make sure you spend on it straightaway though so that the points hit your account before July 1st. Also if they show up as qualifying make sure you get a screenshot of it saying that as it may be required if what has been said about it being non qualifying.