FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TSA Precheck - Decline in
View Single Post
Old Apr 16, 2015, 8:54 am
puddinhead

Location: LAS - where you can get married and divorced in the same 24 hour period. Perfect for the woman who's saving herself for marriage and the man who wants a one night stand.
Programs: DL DM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, UA, AA, AS, WN kettle, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by rylan
Its just another way for TSA to get money and justify their existence. Don't know about GlobalEntry, but the Pre application process is a joke. Fill out the form/questions online, then set up the 'interview' which consists of verifying the questions you already answered and getting fingerprinted. No other actual behavioral questions or real interview.

Does GE do the same thing or do they actually ask something of substance?
GE is basically that. When Mrs. P and I applied in 2011 it took her 4 weeks for approval and me 9 weeks with applications sent in within 60 seconds of each other. Maybe I had more to hide/find. Now it takes less than a week for approval but it takes a few weeks to get an appointment. Qustions were simple but one needs to appear for a photo and fingerprinting - plus iris scan if in Canada.

Most crimes and even some arrests will ban you. A DUI will ban you for years, maybe ever in Canada. Any problems with a border crossing (getting fined for forgetting to declare something) will be a showstopper.

We went for NEXUS, which cost abot $2,000. It was $50 each for the program and Amex reimbursed us $100 each.) but a room for 2 nights food at the 4 Seasons YVR, airfare, several hours of spa time, food plus entertainment pushed tha additional costs over the $50.

NEXUS allows one to enter Canada without talking to another human.