FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Who will be the next oneworld member? + New membership announcements [merged]
Old Apr 16, 2015, 8:49 am
joey_12

Programs: BA (G), SK (S), KL
Originally Posted by Kachjc
no all members do not have to agree..
CX/BA/QF/AA basically have complete power and they have their allies

LAN and JL do whatever AA wants
The European/other Asian follow BA
QF is close to AA

CX just sits on its own, no real ally or minion in OW, CX does have a snobbish attitude, CEO's have said they could buy BA anyday, ME3 will never reach their standards etc

unlike SQ , CX has not allowed itself to just be bullied by the western carriers (LH/UA for Star) (DL/AF) for skyteam

as for Hainan, anyone who wants Hainan to join , needs to get their head examined.
If Hainan cared one bit about Oneworld they would not have saved Hong Kong airlines...

asking Hainan to join is like asking VS to join Oneworld
or Southwest to join Oneworld
or Avianca to join oneworld...

please do not be silly, if Hainan cared one bit they would not have saved and expanded a competitor to a founding Oneworld member...

My future hopes
Indigo
Bangkok Airways ( CX likes them)
LOT
some central American ( or LATAM launch another 1-2 LAN brands in central America)

KE
and hopefully CA ( the only PRC member CX would tolerate)
keep in mind CA was just the back up plan, CX wanted MU and even offered to buy shares ( Shanghai was CX's original home)

of these
Indigo is of high importance, OW needs to trap and grow its FF base there before it becomes too late...

+1.
Finally someone with the same thinking/hopes as me haha